Legolas and seagulls
David Dalton
2004-06-21 19:06:27 UTC
Sea
see (though that is a nice slip)
my comments on the subject line in the earlier
thread "Luthien Seagull arrives!!!". Why were you
all so dense now and in 1997 that you did not
mention the Legolas and seagulls connection
to me?
and I did not remember that connection until today
and did not remember it in 1996 or 1997 since though I
have read The Lord of the Rings probably four
or five times the last time may have been over
twenty years ago and I did not remember the
Legolas and seagulls details at all and have
not seen the last movie and don't remember it
being in the first two but those came out after
1996 anyway, and even after 1997

David
Jim Deutch
2004-06-22 20:25:07 UTC
Sea my comments on the subject line in the earlier
thread "Luthien Seagull arrives!!!". Why were you
all so dense now and in 1997 that you did not
mention the Legolas and seagulls connection
to me?
I suspect it's mainly because most of us think you're a oops, sorry:
"must...control...fist...of...flamage..."

Jim Deutch (Jimbo the Cat)
--
"We should admire his good fortune, passing on at the peak of his
wisdom and perishing for a cause in which he believed (suppression of
stem cell research)." -- Bruce Feist (on Reagan's death)
Flame of the West
2004-06-24 01:26:36 UTC
Sea my comments on the subject line in the earlier
thread "Luthien Seagull arrives!!!". Why were you
all so dense now and in 1997 that you did not
mention the Legolas and seagulls connection
to me?
Like Dorothy in Wizard of Oz, you wouldn't have believed us -
you had to discover it for yourself.

-- FotW

Reality is for those who cannot cope with Middle-earth.
Unattended Gorbag
2004-06-24 16:53:41 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Sea
see (though that is a nice slip)
my comments on the subject line in the earlier
thread "Luthien Seagull arrives!!!". Why were you
all so dense now and in 1997 that you did not
mention the Legolas and seagulls connection
to me?
and I did not remember that connection until today
and did not remember it in 1996 or 1997 since though I
have read The Lord of the Rings probably four
or five times the last time may have been over
twenty years ago and I did not remember the
Legolas and seagulls details at all and have
not seen the last movie and don't remember it
being in the first two but those came out after
1996 anyway, and even after 1997
It's hard to believe that such an intelligent guy (I had a look at
your net CV) can sound about 13 years old through a usenet post. I
don't mean to be patronizing but try not to use the word "and" so
much and utilize a little punctuation.