A Tolkienology FAQ
Alabaster
2005-08-21 14:41:00 UTC
Hello Group,

I'm new here and I was wondering if you all have ever had a FAQ as
such.

Hail Elf-friends and other fair folk,

Alabaster
Peter Panda
2005-10-19 07:52:42 UTC
Post by Alabaster
Hello Group,
I'm new here and I was wondering if you all have ever had a FAQ as
such.
Hail Elf-friends and other fair folk,
I thought Tolkeinology was a satire. I have an audio track by an anti-
Scientologist who compared that cult with an imaginary religion based
on writings of Tolkein called "Hobbitology." He said people would
logically conclude he's nuts for worshipping a poorly-written fantasy
novel.

BTW, I read the Hobbit in high school and it was one of the worst
experiences of my life. Totally unreadable, or rather I didn't read
anything more unintelligable until College English II where I was
forced to read Shakespeare. But I suppose in comparison to L. Ron
Hubbard's works it is fine literature, but only in comparison...
Chris
2009-02-08 18:57:46 UTC
Post by Peter Panda
Post by Alabaster
Hello Group,
I'm new here and I was wondering if you all have ever had a FAQ as
such.
Hail Elf-friends and other fair folk,
I thought Tolkeinology was a satire. I have an audio track by an anti-
Scientologist who compared that cult with an imaginary religion based
on writings of Tolkein called "Hobbitology." He said people would
logically conclude he's nuts for worshipping a poorly-written fantasy
novel.
BTW, I read the Hobbit in high school and it was one of the worst
experiences of my life. Totally unreadable, or rather I didn't read
anything more unintelligable until College English II where I was
forced to read Shakespeare. But I suppose in comparison to L. Ron
Hubbard's works it is fine literature, but only in comparison...
Yes, you should stick to Dr Seuss from now on