Congratulations NATIONAL TREASURE: BOOK OF SECRETS!
Harold Marx Brzeznski
2007-12-30 18:20:54 UTC
Without mentioning any names, I have definitely encountered Tolkienistas who
were "religious" about Tolkien here.
Fear not. Their religion will soon be shattered when I and my
colleagues M. Le Trasquer and Professor Derridinateur publish our
forthcoming incisive analysis of the Lord of the Rings. This will
DEFINITIVELY demonstrate that the Lord of the Rings is not one book, but
is a redaction of at least seven different texts written at very
different times and circumstances, which the redactor feebly attempted
to rework as a single text. Indeed, the redactor has left signs of his
ham-fisted activity all over the LoTR, including in the name he chose
for the "author" of the "work" ("tolkien" is a transparently obvious
derivation of Danish "tolken", or perhaps Old Norse "túlkrinn", meaning
"interpreter").

You can pre-order your copy today at a special introductory price of
€199.88, a HUGE discount from the list price of €199.99! (Price in USD
may vary - anywhere between $3000 and $30000, going by the direction in
which the dollar is currently headed)

Yours in faith,

HM Brzeznski
Pseudonymus al-Faqha'ter III
2007-12-30 22:45:31 UTC
Fear not.  Their religion will soon be shattered when I and my
colleagues M. Le Trasquer and Professor Derridinateur publish our
forthcoming incisive analysis of the Lord of the Rings.  This will
DEFINITIVELY demonstrate that the Lord of the Rings is not one book, but
is a redaction of at least seven different texts written at very
different times and circumstances, which the redactor feebly attempted
to rework as a single text.
This may possibly be a fruitful field for research, inasmuch as
MORAMBAR has stated that sometimes Tolkien himself did not correctly
understand his own thought, and also in light of the fact that fairly
large sections of Tolkien's original work were excised at the behest
of that infamous forger, Christopher "Tolkien."

Indeed, the redactor has left signs of his
ham-fisted activity all over the LoTR, including in the name he chose
for the "author" of the "work" ("tolkien" is a transparently obvious
derivation of Danish "tolken", or perhaps Old Norse "túlkrinn", meaning
"interpreter").
This is a blasphemy, since MORAMBAR has indicated that He has spoken
to Tolken face to face.
Taemon
2008-01-16 12:01:28 UTC
He is infinitely incomprehensible, since, having neither
parts nor limits, He has no affinity to us. We are then incapable of
knowing either what He is or if He is. This being so, who will dare
to undertake the decision of the question? Not we, who have no
affinity to Him.
It took me seconds to realise this is a sporged message. ^M^.

T.
Morambar
2008-01-16 19:25:27 UTC
Post by Taemon
He is infinitely incomprehensible, since, having neither
parts nor limits, He has no affinity to us. We are then incapable of
knowing either what He is or if He is. This being so, who will dare
to undertake the decision of the question? Not we, who have no
affinity to Him.
It took me seconds to realise this is a sporged message. ^M^.
So, it is just as I have suspected... This whole "sporge flood" is
obviously nothing but a vicious Faqqist plot, aimed to suppress the
Truth of the BUQ by filling the forum with this /kalabalik/, and
besmirch the good name of FATS while at it. Well, they will not succeed.

Time to bring out the big guns...

I SUMMON THEE - *TOLKIEN!!!1!*

Morambar
Lord of FATS
d***@fats.teunc.org
2008-01-20 00:41:37 UTC
Post by Morambar
Post by Taemon
He is infinitely incomprehensible, since, having neither
parts nor limits, He has no affinity to us. We are then incapable of
knowing either what He is or if He is. This being so, who will dare
to undertake the decision of the question? Not we, who have no
affinity to Him.
It took me seconds to realise this is a sporged message. ^M^.
So, it is just as I have suspected... This whole "sporge flood" is
obviously nothing but a vicious Faqqist plot, aimed to suppress the
Truth of the BUQ by filling the forum with this /kalabalik/, and
besmirch the good name of FATS while at it. Well, they will not succeed.
Time to bring out the big guns...
I SUMMON THEE - *TOLKIEN!!!1!*
This sp0rge crap iz liek s0 suppressin dial0gue n stuff wich iz crap
s0 i bet tha capitilistz dunn3d it.

Pseudonymus al-Faqha'ter III
2008-01-16 02:33:53 UTC
He is infinitely incomprehensible, since, having neither
parts nor limits, He has no affinity to us. We are then incapable of knowing
either what He is or if He is. This being so, who will dare to undertake the
decision of the question? Not we, who have no affinity to Him.

Who then will blame Christians for not being able to give a reason for their
belief, since they profess a religion for which they cannot give a reason?
They declare, in expounding it to the world, that it is a foolishness,
stultitiam;28 and then you complain that they do not prove it! If they
proved it, they would not keep their word; it is in lacking proofs that they
are not lacking in sense. "Yes, but although this excuses those who offer it
as such and takes away from them the blame of putting it forward without
reason, it does not excuse those who receive it." Let us then examine this
point, and say, "God is, or He is not." But to which side shall we incline?
Reason can decide nothing here. There is an infinite chaos which separate